FCE Reading Part 7
FCE Reading Part 7 - Multiple Matching is another tricky part of the exam for many students. However, with the right technique I think it can be a simple way to increase your overall marks in the exam.
After watching my video below, you may find that this is the quickest part of the Reading test for you.
FCE Reading Tip: If this is the quickest part of the FCE Reading test for you. You can start at this part of the test first and then go back to the other parts. That is why it's important to time yourself before the exam while practising.
Do you have a pen and paper or notebook open?
Are you ready to write down the main technique points from my FCE Reading Part 7 video below?
Okay, let's watch...
If you cannot see the video above, please register here or log in here if you already have FCE/CAE student membership.
FCE Reading Part 7 Technique
This is the technique I teach my students to successfully pass this part of the exam:
1. Read the questions and underline the most important words.
2. Quickly skim read all the passages and write 1 or 2 relevant words next to each.
3. Read section A in more detail.
4. Read the questions again.
5. Write 'A' next to all the questions you think it answers.
6. Repeat steps 3, 4 and 5 for each section.
7. If you're stuck between 2 answers. Read the relevant passages again if you have time and/or make a decision. It is better to write something rather than nothing!
Watch me using this technique with a sample exam paper in the video above.
If you want to access this content...
Register Here >>
Log In Here >>
The comments section below is a place where teachers and students can come to learn and share resources, tips, advice and strategies for part 7 of the B2 First (FCE) Reading paper.